Hospital shocker: Doctors bargain over cash as woman lies cut up on operating table
- Parliament LIVE: Snooping on Rahul not right, says Congress; 'Asking for facts is not snooping'
- Waste paper to phone use: Govt revives checklist against leaks
- 14 booked for church vandalism in Haryana, cross replaced with Hanuman idol
- Pakistan: Protesters hit the streets after blasts near Lahore churches leave 15 dead
- No arrests in Bengal nun ‘rape’, church attack, local Christians nervous
A 30-year-old woman died of alleged medical negligence while undergoing treatment at a private hospital here, where doctors bargained for cash as the helpless patient gradually died, police said today.
According to a complaint filed with MIG police station here by the deceased\'s father Om Prakash Biyani, his daughter Archana, suffered from uterine fibroid, police said.
He alleged that when the doctors started performing surgery on her abdomen, they came to know that the woman had a big size fibroid and told her family members that Rs six lakhs would be required for the procedure.
The woman\'s father further alleged that since the family was unable to pay the required fees immediately, the doctors shifted her to a ward without removing the fibroid, following which she succumbed at the hospital late last night.
Later, the angry family members also staged a protest on the hospital campus and demanded action against the negligent doctors.
A team of doctors at MY Hospital was conducting postmortem to ascertain the cause of death of the woman, Superintendent of Police (East) O P Tripathi said.
Appropriate action, if required, would be taken in the case based on the postmortem report, he added.
When contacted, the private hospital did not comment on the matter.