Disrupt with Penta Ideascope
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
Parochialism doesn't pay: Search for durable peace after World War I led to talks of a union among European nations. In 1957 came the European Economic Community, on 31 December 1992, a single European market was established. Countries harbouring an introverted parochial attitude and small and medium enterprises too entrenched in local norms had difficulty navigating the free movement of goods and services. They shut down. Conversely, German SMEs with disciplined work and unmatched quality donned an aggressive global stance, so Germany's economy is riding high today. Progressive European firms engaging in cross-border cooperation improved their competitiveness in home and foreign markets. The biggest beneficiaries here were consumers, through price reduction, variety and quality.
As in Europe, several parochially blinkered Indian industries also faced problems. This happened when global brands came in after 1991 economic reforms. Indian business is still controlled by Retro (45+ years) and Compromise (30-45 years) generations. Last week I wrote about Z Disruption which the Zap generation (below 30 years) with a global outlook can counter. To readers who queried what a productive solution for Z disruption's future could be, I can only share my 35 years of global experience of often bringing disruptive business solutions for my clients.
Penta ideascope: My disruptive business solutions are framed with tremendous discipline that French society taught me. For any creative work to sustain, whether in art, science, literature or business, a discipline is first required, a do-or-die self urge that's very different from military discipline. I've defined this as the Penta Ideascope discipline frame. Its five principles to disrupt and make business shine can be applied into any sized company of any industry.
1. Purposeful (the simple nut-bolt is the basis of holding something by fastening a threaded shaft and hole junction): Unless an innovative work has a purpose for its user, it has no business relevance. Purpose is not always an expressed need, it could be a new purpose like photocopy replacing carbon copy. An existing invention can also be mesmerized with a new purpose, the way Samsung has empowered its mobile phone Galaxy lll with new features.