Disrupt with Penta Ideascope
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR field, Southee makes his IPL debut against CSK
Parochialism doesn't pay: Search for durable peace after World War I led to talks of a union among European nations. In 1957 came the European Economic Community, on 31 December 1992, a single European market was established. Countries harbouring an introverted parochial attitude and small and medium enterprises too entrenched in local norms had difficulty navigating the free movement of goods and services. They shut down. Conversely, German SMEs with disciplined work and unmatched quality donned an aggressive global stance, so Germany's economy is riding high today. Progressive European firms engaging in cross-border cooperation improved their competitiveness in home and foreign markets. The biggest beneficiaries here were consumers, through price reduction, variety and quality.
As in Europe, several parochially blinkered Indian industries also faced problems. This happened when global brands came in after 1991 economic reforms. Indian business is still controlled by Retro (45+ years) and Compromise (30-45 years) generations. Last week I wrote about Z Disruption which the Zap generation (below 30 years) with a global outlook can counter. To readers who queried what a productive solution for Z disruption's future could be, I can only share my 35 years of global experience of often bringing disruptive business solutions for my clients.
Penta ideascope: My disruptive business solutions are framed with tremendous discipline that French society taught me. For any creative work to sustain, whether in art, science, literature or business, a discipline is first required, a do-or-die self urge that's very different from military discipline. I've defined this as the Penta Ideascope discipline frame. Its five principles to disrupt and make business shine can be applied into any sized company of any industry.
1. Purposeful (the simple nut-bolt is the basis of holding something by fastening a threaded shaft and hole junction): Unless an innovative work has a purpose for its user, it has no business relevance. Purpose is not always an expressed need, it could be a new purpose like photocopy replacing carbon copy. An existing invention can also be mesmerized with a new purpose, the way Samsung has empowered its mobile phone Galaxy lll with new features.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'