District has 67 lakh voters on final list
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7: Maxwell, Miller lead KXIP to stunning win
The administration said there were nearly 2,594 applications from colleges, 72 from NGOs, and 61 from e-seva kendras or kiosks
The district administration after completing the summary revision of the voter list has readied a list of 6.73 lakh voters to be served notices for not reporting changes in details like shifting of address or duplication of names. After the voter drive, which rolled in October and continued to November 20, Pune district finally has 67 lakh voters after updation and deletion.
"After addition and deletion from the earlier list of 67,07,321 lakh the final list would come to 67 lakh voters,'' said an official of the election department.
The drive saw 3.15 lakh applications including 2.72 lakh new voters. Deputy election officer Apurva Wankhede, whose department compiled the list said they had also received 61 applications from overseas. There were about 10,094 forms that came in for deletion of names and 26,869 for correction.
There were 5,381 applications for change in address that took the total applications to 3.15 lakh. According to the administration, the response was better this year as compared to last year with the date being extended and the administration reaching out to colleges to enrol new voters.
The administration said there were nearly 2,594 applications from colleges, 72 from NGOs, and 61 from e-seva kendras or kiosks. There were 5,842 forms from other areas.
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota
- ‘Start political revolution by defeating Rahul, Modi’
- Count of Monte Carlo: Wawrinka tames master, becomes one