Diwali sparkle at old age homes in city
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
At both Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshan Samstha and Niwara, the worship of Lakshmi, the Goddess of wealth, prosperity an good fortune, will be held on November 13. This will be followed by distribution of sarees, dhotis and pyjamas, besides gifts like dry fruit.
The 15 elderly citizens at private caregiver home Mauli Seva Sushrusha Kendra in Dhankawadi, Diwali is when they wait for their most-awaited guests, their family and friends. Prashant Warnan and Pallavi Warnan who are in charge of the Mauli Seva Sushrusha Kendra celebrate Diwali with them with a traditional puja and with a special Diwali menu.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress