DLF appeals COMPAT to set aside CCI order amending buyer pact
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
DLF on Thursday moved the Competition Appellate Tribunal (COMPAT) challenging the orders of the Competition Commission of India (CCI) that amended the agreement between the realty major and flat buyers.
Requesting COMPAT to set aside the supplementary orders passed last month by CCI relating to modification in sale agreement with flat buyers, DLF argued that the fair trade regulator was directed only to propose changes and not to pass a formal order.
As per the COMPAT directions issued on March 29, 2011 and November 9, 2011, CCI was supposed to give only suggestions on buyers agreement, DLF said in its petition.
The COMPAT bench, headed by its chairman Justice VS Sirpurkar, has directed that the matter be listed on Monday for hearing.
On January 3, CCI had passed order amending flat buyers' agreement of DLF's Belaire. Later, it extended the modifications suggested by it to DLF's Park Place and Magnolia projects also through two separate orders on January 10.
COMPAT is hearing DLF's petition against Rs 630 crore penalty imposed by the CCI in August 2011 for abuse of dominant position.