DMK to back Raja's request if issue comes up in UPA meeting
- Delhi HC refuses to interfere, odd-even scheme to continue till January 15
- With backing of ISI, JeM rises like a phoenix in Pakistan
- SC suggests harsher punishment for persons convicted of raping children
- Pathankot attack: NSA Ajit Doval denies saying talks with Pakistan cancelled
- Malda violence: BJP MPs stopped from visiting violence-hit Kaliachak
With ally DMK endorsing A Raja's wish to appear as a witness before the Joint Parliamentary Committee examining the 2G allocation and pricing of spectrum from 1998 to 2009, the Congress is finding itself in a fix. JPC Chairman P C Chacko, it is learnt, has decided to consult panel members before taking a call on summoning the former Telecom minister.
Raja has always argued that the Prime Minister's office was aware of the decisions regarding allocation of spectrum licenses. His deposition, therefore, could be used by the Opposition to mount a fresh attack on the government. DMK members in the panel, T R Baalu and Tiruchi Shiva, have demanded that both Raja and Shahid Balwa of Swan Telecom be summoned.
- Is bankruptcy code the first of a new trend?
- Perceptions that the Modi government has moved Westwards are misplaced
- Akhand Bharat is a mainstay of Hindu nationalism
- Raja-Mandala: Silence is golden
- Why Hindutva must not be allowed to define Hinduism
- At Pathankot, lessons unlearnt from 26/11, and mistakes repeated