DMK to back Raja's request if issue comes up in UPA meeting
- PM Modi's 'strategic restraint' choice: A virtue or a necessity?
- PM to people of Pak: Let’s go to war against unemployment, poverty... let’s see who wins
- Uri attack: Odia BSF jawan succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 19
- Rain havoc in Telangana: Death toll rises to 8 in Medak
- Kashmir: Curfew imposed in Kishtwar following arrest of 3 charged with sedition
With ally DMK endorsing A Raja's wish to appear as a witness before the Joint Parliamentary Committee examining the 2G allocation and pricing of spectrum from 1998 to 2009, the Congress is finding itself in a fix. JPC Chairman P C Chacko, it is learnt, has decided to consult panel members before taking a call on summoning the former Telecom minister.
Raja has always argued that the Prime Minister's office was aware of the decisions regarding allocation of spectrum licenses. His deposition, therefore, could be used by the Opposition to mount a fresh attack on the government. DMK members in the panel, T R Baalu and Tiruchi Shiva, have demanded that both Raja and Shahid Balwa of Swan Telecom be summoned.
- Across the aisle: In search of a Pakistan policy
- Fifth column: War, not terrorism
- Out of my mind: The Chinese way
- Inside track: Keeping him away
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.