DMK to back Raja's request if issue comes up in UPA meeting
- Solar scam: Kerala CM Oommen Chandy moves High Court against vigilance court order
- Workplace complaints high with both SC, ST panels
- Bhubaneswar leads Govt’s Smart City list, Rs 50,802 crore to be invested over five years
- Dead whale washes ashore at Mumbai's Juhu beach
- Zika virus is 'spreading explosively', says UN health chief
With ally DMK endorsing A Raja's wish to appear as a witness before the Joint Parliamentary Committee examining the 2G allocation and pricing of spectrum from 1998 to 2009, the Congress is finding itself in a fix. JPC Chairman P C Chacko, it is learnt, has decided to consult panel members before taking a call on summoning the former Telecom minister.
Raja has always argued that the Prime Minister's office was aware of the decisions regarding allocation of spectrum licenses. His deposition, therefore, could be used by the Opposition to mount a fresh attack on the government. DMK members in the panel, T R Baalu and Tiruchi Shiva, have demanded that both Raja and Shahid Balwa of Swan Telecom be summoned.
- Does Masood's 'protective custody' reflect Pak army's new policy?
- Are we, the people of India, being used by terror?
- New political generation wants democratic socialism, and also economic security
- The Union budget needs to incentivise savings to rescue public sector banks.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph