DMK to decide its LS poll strategy soon: M Karunanidhi
- People will continue waving Pakistan flags in Kashmir: Geelani
- No 'flip-flop' or 'confusion', we have 'very clear Pakistan policy': Swaraj
- UPA's deal for 126 Rafale jets 'economically unviable': Parrikar
- PM's Mann ki Baat: Govt committed to roll out 'one rank one pension'
- President Mukherjee approves land bill for the third time after protest
With ruling AIADMK deciding to face the next Parliamentary elections independently, DMK will soon convene its top-decision making bodies to finalise its strategy, party chief M Karunanidhi said on Wednesday.
"I cannot give an unilateral reply. DMK's District Secretaries' meeting is scheduled on January 6. (The party) will discuss the matter and finalise the election strategy in the General Council and Executive which will be convened after that," he said.
He was responding to reporters' queries on AIADMK supremo and Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa's announcement on December 31 that her party will go it alone in the next Lok Sabha polls and what was his party's stand.
Jayalalithaa had reasoned both Congress and BJP were united in denying Tamil Nadu its share of water from river Cauvery for the decision.
Karunanidhi will chair a meeting of the party's district secretaries on January 6. In DMK ranks, district secretaries are considered to be very significant links.
A release from party general secretary K Anbazhagan said the subject for the meeting will be party-related work and collection of funds for election, apparently referring to the next Parliamentary polls.