DMK to decide its LS poll strategy soon: M Karunanidhi
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
With ruling AIADMK deciding to face the next Parliamentary elections independently, DMK will soon convene its top-decision making bodies to finalise its strategy, party chief M Karunanidhi said on Wednesday.
"I cannot give an unilateral reply. DMK's District Secretaries' meeting is scheduled on January 6. (The party) will discuss the matter and finalise the election strategy in the General Council and Executive which will be convened after that," he said.
He was responding to reporters' queries on AIADMK supremo and Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa's announcement on December 31 that her party will go it alone in the next Lok Sabha polls and what was his party's stand.
Jayalalithaa had reasoned both Congress and BJP were united in denying Tamil Nadu its share of water from river Cauvery for the decision.
Karunanidhi will chair a meeting of the party's district secretaries on January 6. In DMK ranks, district secretaries are considered to be very significant links.
A release from party general secretary K Anbazhagan said the subject for the meeting will be party-related work and collection of funds for election, apparently referring to the next Parliamentary polls.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today