Doc arrested for rape in Delhi, 3 molestation cases reported
- PM Modi at UN General Assembly: Women's development integral part of our development plans
- PM Modi in US: What scares CEOs about doing business with India
- Pak expresses 'deep concern' about India's plan to build wall along LoC
- Barack Obama, Xi Jinping agree: US, China won't conduct cybertheft
- Volkswagen faces probe in India after emission standards scandal
A 51-year-old doctor was arrested here for allegedly raping and threatening a woman in the national capital where three molestation cases were also reported in last 24 hours, police said.
Ashok Damir, a doctor who runs a clinic in central Delhi's Patel Nagar, was arrested after his employee of four years approached police alleging rape.
The 34-year-old victim alleged that she was being raped by the doctor for the past four years and he had threatened her with dire consequences if she divulged it to anybody.
She also alleged that Damir had extorted lakhs of rupees from her.
In another rape case reported last week, two cousins were arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a 21-year-old girl whom one of them was to marry. The arrested have been identified as Ajay and Deepak Gupta.
Meanwhile, police arrested a person, identified as Saurabh, for allegedly molesting a girl in Okhla in a mini- bus.
In Prasad Nagar, a 17-year-old student was molested yesterday allegedly by a driver who was stalking her for some time. A case of molestation was also reported from Madhu Vihar