Doc arrested for rape in Delhi, 3 molestation cases reported
- BJP party of fake Ram bhakts, will contest all seats in ’17, says Shiv Sena
- To speed up infra projects, stay out of wildlife clearance, Govt tells SC
- PM woos German investors, promises stable environment
- Koraput lynching: Only 6 policemen to control armed mob of ‘200 villagers’
- It's Official: Hillary Clinton to kick off White house bid
A 51-year-old doctor was arrested here for allegedly raping and threatening a woman in the national capital where three molestation cases were also reported in last 24 hours, police said.
Ashok Damir, a doctor who runs a clinic in central Delhi's Patel Nagar, was arrested after his employee of four years approached police alleging rape.
The 34-year-old victim alleged that she was being raped by the doctor for the past four years and he had threatened her with dire consequences if she divulged it to anybody.
She also alleged that Damir had extorted lakhs of rupees from her.
In another rape case reported last week, two cousins were arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a 21-year-old girl whom one of them was to marry. The arrested have been identified as Ajay and Deepak Gupta.
Meanwhile, police arrested a person, identified as Saurabh, for allegedly molesting a girl in Okhla in a mini- bus.
In Prasad Nagar, a 17-year-old student was molested yesterday allegedly by a driver who was stalking her for some time. A case of molestation was also reported from Madhu Vihar