Doc found hanging at home in Vadodara
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
A doctor working with a city-based private hospital was found hanging at his residence in Manjalpur area of the city on Friday, but police said he committed suicide three days ago.
The deceased, identified as Dr Raghvendra Yadav (27), worked as a resident medical officer with the private hospital. Manjalpur police said he had sought leave from work for three days. However, when he did not report on duty after his leave ended this morning, the hospital authorities enquired at his residence in Manjalpur.
When Dr Yadav did not respond to knocks on the door of his home, the hospital authorities informed police. The door was broken open in presence of police and the doctor was found hanging from ceiling fan in his room.
Police said Dr Yadav was a native of Gandhidham in Kutch and used to live alone in the rented accommodation in Manjapur. Doctor's family members in Gandhidham were informed and they were on their way to Vadodara.