Docs’ panel to check Madani health report
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
The Kerala government has formed an expert committee of doctors to examine the health report of PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani given by the Karnataka government. Madani has been detained in the Parappana Agrahara Jail in Bangalore since 2010 in connection with the 2008 serial blasts case there.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said the state would take further steps after getting a report from the committee.
"On request, the Karnataka government had given detailed report of his (Madani) health recently. A panel of five doctors have been formed to examine the report," he said. Members of the Congress-led UDF and the opposition CPM-led LDF had raised concerns on Madani's health in the recently concluded Assembly session.