Docs’ panel to check Madani health report
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- One dead in Odisha post-poll violence
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: KKR strike early, get rid of DD opener Vijay
The Kerala government has formed an expert committee of doctors to examine the health report of PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani given by the Karnataka government. Madani has been detained in the Parappana Agrahara Jail in Bangalore since 2010 in connection with the 2008 serial blasts case there.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said the state would take further steps after getting a report from the committee.
"On request, the Karnataka government had given detailed report of his (Madani) health recently. A panel of five doctors have been formed to examine the report," he said. Members of the Congress-led UDF and the opposition CPM-led LDF had raised concerns on Madani's health in the recently concluded Assembly session.