Doc's son locks up mother, grandmother for 10 days in house
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
A doctor's son locked up his mother and grandmother in his bungalow for 10 days after a heated argument before they were rescued by police at a village in the district.
Police said the 33-year-old man used to frequently quarrel with the women over various issues. On January 1, he entered into another argument and left the house with his father, running a clinic at Kalarampatty village, after locking them in.
His mother and grandmother survived on food in the house during this period. The women waited in vain for the men to return and then began shouting for help. Their maidservant heard their cries and alerted the locals, who in turn informed the police.
Police broke open the house last night and released them.
They said the clinic was found closed and that a search has been launched to trace the father and son.