Doc's son locks up mother, grandmother for 10 days in house
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal holds roadshow in Varanasi before filing nomination
- Bhavnagar model: Muslim buys house, canât move in
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
A doctor's son locked up his mother and grandmother in his bungalow for 10 days after a heated argument before they were rescued by police at a village in the district.
Police said the 33-year-old man used to frequently quarrel with the women over various issues. On January 1, he entered into another argument and left the house with his father, running a clinic at Kalarampatty village, after locking them in.
His mother and grandmother survived on food in the house during this period. The women waited in vain for the men to return and then began shouting for help. Their maidservant heard their cries and alerted the locals, who in turn informed the police.
Police broke open the house last night and released them.
They said the clinic was found closed and that a search has been launched to trace the father and son.
- Run Away Style
- Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as TN goes to polls
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry
- Pune AAP volunteers all set to hit campaign trail in Varanasi
- ‘Interstate’ gang of chain snatchers held; gold worth Rs 80 lakh seized