Doc's son locks up mother, grandmother for 10 days in house
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
A doctor's son locked up his mother and grandmother in his bungalow for 10 days after a heated argument before they were rescued by police at a village in the district.
Police said the 33-year-old man used to frequently quarrel with the women over various issues. On January 1, he entered into another argument and left the house with his father, running a clinic at Kalarampatty village, after locking them in.
His mother and grandmother survived on food in the house during this period. The women waited in vain for the men to return and then began shouting for help. Their maidservant heard their cries and alerted the locals, who in turn informed the police.
Police broke open the house last night and released them.
They said the clinic was found closed and that a search has been launched to trace the father and son.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express