Docs to use new method to study epilepsy at cellular level
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
Sign of the disease.
Patients can lose touch with their surroundings, have abnormally heightened sensations of smell, laughing fits, and attention disorders — which can actually be the early stages of epileptic attacks.
If left untreated, as the disease advances it can even lead to progressive mental retardation.
The procedure of inserting electrodes into neurons and measuring the voltage from inside the cell is an advanced technique known as cellular electrophysiology.