Docs to use new method to study epilepsy at cellular level
- Fresh tremors felt in Nepal as death toll crosses 4,000 mark
- Nepal Earthquake: At Kathmandu Airport, a bit of panic, a lot of paranthas and puri
- Paid Rs 320 for a bottle of water, Nepal quake survivors recall the horror
- Nepal earthquake: First hand account from a mountaineer
- Even moderate tremors can cause heavy casualties in Delhi: Experts
Sign of the disease.
Patients can lose touch with their surroundings, have abnormally heightened sensations of smell, laughing fits, and attention disorders — which can actually be the early stages of epileptic attacks.
If left untreated, as the disease advances it can even lead to progressive mental retardation.
The procedure of inserting electrodes into neurons and measuring the voltage from inside the cell is an advanced technique known as cellular electrophysiology.