Docs to use new method to study epilepsy at cellular level
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Sign of the disease.
Patients can lose touch with their surroundings, have abnormally heightened sensations of smell, laughing fits, and attention disorders — which can actually be the early stages of epileptic attacks.
If left untreated, as the disease advances it can even lead to progressive mental retardation.
The procedure of inserting electrodes into neurons and measuring the voltage from inside the cell is an advanced technique known as cellular electrophysiology.