Doctor rapes girl on pretext of marriage, makes obscene MMS
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
A 22-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a doctor repeatedly in Modinagar area here on the pretext of marrying her, police said today. The girl told police that the doctor, identified as Gajendra Sengar, also made an obscene MMS of hers, they said.
The accused, a doctor at a government hospital in Meerut who also runs his clinic at Niwadi, is on the run, hours after a case was registered against him, they said. The girl lives with her family in Mouiddin area in Meerut. In her complaint, she said that she would often go to Gajendra's clinic at Niwadi area for medical treatment in 2008 and they gradually became friends and got into a relationship, police said.
"Accused doctor allegedly raped girl for several months on the pretext of marrying her and made obscene MMS of hers. Girl told us that Gajendra promised her that he would marry her, but he didn't", a senior police officer said.
"He also threatened her that if she told her relationship with him to anyone, he would release her MMS", he said. On the other hand, family members of the doctor have refuted the allegations made by girl, they added.