Does LK Advani agree with Sushma Swaraj on Narendra Modi issue: Digvijay Singh
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Taking a dig at Sushma Swaraj for her statment that Narendra Modi is fit to become the Prime Minister of the country, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh today said she must first make clear if BJP veteran L K Advani also agrees with her.
"It is alright if Sushma feels that Modi is good for the Prime Minister's job, but she must first tell if Advani also agrees with her on this," Digvijay said, talking to reporters at Dokaria village in Katni district.
Swaraj had said yesterday that the Gujarat Chief Minister is fit to become the Prime Minister.
On media speculation that P Chidambaram could be the next Prime Minister if Congress retained power, Digvijay said his party always stuck to the tradition of MPs choosing the Prime Minister.
On land reforms bill, he said UPA wanted to bring it in Parliament but could not do so due to compulsions of coalition politics.