Does LK Advani agree with Sushma Swaraj on Narendra Modi issue: Digvijay Singh
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Taking a dig at Sushma Swaraj for her statment that Narendra Modi is fit to become the Prime Minister of the country, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh today said she must first make clear if BJP veteran L K Advani also agrees with her.
"It is alright if Sushma feels that Modi is good for the Prime Minister's job, but she must first tell if Advani also agrees with her on this," Digvijay said, talking to reporters at Dokaria village in Katni district.
Swaraj had said yesterday that the Gujarat Chief Minister is fit to become the Prime Minister.
On media speculation that P Chidambaram could be the next Prime Minister if Congress retained power, Digvijay said his party always stuck to the tradition of MPs choosing the Prime Minister.
On land reforms bill, he said UPA wanted to bring it in Parliament but could not do so due to compulsions of coalition politics.