Does LK Advani agree with Sushma Swaraj on Narendra Modi issue: Digvijay Singh
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Prime Minister could not understand coalition politics, says Jaiswal
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Petty statements by those claiming to be BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign, says Modi
Taking a dig at Sushma Swaraj for her statment that Narendra Modi is fit to become the Prime Minister of the country, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh today said she must first make clear if BJP veteran L K Advani also agrees with her.
"It is alright if Sushma feels that Modi is good for the Prime Minister's job, but she must first tell if Advani also agrees with her on this," Digvijay said, talking to reporters at Dokaria village in Katni district.
Swaraj had said yesterday that the Gujarat Chief Minister is fit to become the Prime Minister.
On media speculation that P Chidambaram could be the next Prime Minister if Congress retained power, Digvijay said his party always stuck to the tradition of MPs choosing the Prime Minister.
On land reforms bill, he said UPA wanted to bring it in Parliament but could not do so due to compulsions of coalition politics.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready