Does Nitin Gadkari's exit undermine authority of your chief, BJP asks RSS
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
RSS leaders hurt by the defiance of Bhagwat by the second rung want Soni replaced. Officially, RSS is underplaying the episode. It is trying to project the developments as an internal matter of BJP.
Vaidya wrote on his blog, "It was a section of BJP that plotted to deny Gadkari a second term as party president.
"When BJP amended party constitution to allow a second term to Gadkari, a section did not like the decision. They did not openly oppose but started working against Gadkari."