Does Nitin Gadkari's exit undermine authority of your chief, BJP asks RSS
- Nepal Earthquake: Rains, fresh tremors hamper rescue works, toll tops 2,500
- Nepal earthquake: 22 climbers dead in avalanche on Mt Everest
- Nepal Earthquake: Air services resumed to Kathmandu
- NDRF rescue team begins sifting through rubble in Nepal
- Heavy rains likely in quake-hit Nepal, warns Indian Meteorological Dept
RSS leaders hurt by the defiance of Bhagwat by the second rung want Soni replaced. Officially, RSS is underplaying the episode. It is trying to project the developments as an internal matter of BJP.
Vaidya wrote on his blog, "It was a section of BJP that plotted to deny Gadkari a second term as party president.
"When BJP amended party constitution to allow a second term to Gadkari, a section did not like the decision. They did not openly oppose but started working against Gadkari."