Dolly Parton denies being a lesbian
- Obama rules out putting US troops on ground to fight Islamic State
- Heavy rainfall floods Tamil Nadu, rail, road services badly hit; 71 killed so far
- Azam Khan's remarks on Paris attacks spark row, BJP demands action
- French officials identify Belgian national as suspected mastermind
- Awards recognition of talent, they should be cherished: Prez
Dolly Parton has rubbished rumours that she is having a lesbian affair with her female best friend Judy Ogle.
The 66-year-old Country music star, who is a proud supporter of LGBT rights, asserted in a new interview on Nightline that she is not having a top secret liaison with Ogle, who has been her best pal since childhood.
"Judy and I have been best friends since we were like in the third and fourth grade," the Daily Mail quoted Parton as telling in the interview.
"We still just have a great friendship and relationship and I love her as much as I love anybody in the whole world, but we're not romantically involved," she said.
Parton further said that she has bonded with talk show host Oprah Winfrey- who also became the subject of speculation about her sexual orientation and was rumoured to be having a relationship with her own best friend Gayle King- over the false whispers about their pals.
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since
- Tipu Sultan: Revisionist overlook his bigotry, contemporaries saw nothing else
- True successors of Gandhi-Nehru
- Raja-Mandala: The final burial of non-alignment
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly