Dolly Parton denies being a lesbian
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
Dolly Parton has rubbished rumours that she is having a lesbian affair with her female best friend Judy Ogle.
The 66-year-old Country music star, who is a proud supporter of LGBT rights, asserted in a new interview on Nightline that she is not having a top secret liaison with Ogle, who has been her best pal since childhood.
"Judy and I have been best friends since we were like in the third and fourth grade," the Daily Mail quoted Parton as telling in the interview.
"We still just have a great friendship and relationship and I love her as much as I love anybody in the whole world, but we're not romantically involved," she said.
Parton further said that she has bonded with talk show host Oprah Winfrey- who also became the subject of speculation about her sexual orientation and was rumoured to be having a relationship with her own best friend Gayle King- over the false whispers about their pals.
"Like Gayle, her friend, Judy, my friend ... (people) just think that you just can't be that close to somebody," she added.