Dolly Parton denies being a lesbian
- In Delhi, Hardik Patel says he will take movement across country
- Bihar: BJP hits back, says it was not a Swabhiman rally but Apman rally
- Hindu women should never marry outside community: Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
- Ready to amend Land Acquisition Act, ordinance will lapse tomorrow: PM
- Sheena murder case: Suitcase seized, accused taken to Raigad forest to 'recreate' crime scene
Dolly Parton has rubbished rumours that she is having a lesbian affair with her female best friend Judy Ogle.
The 66-year-old Country music star, who is a proud supporter of LGBT rights, asserted in a new interview on Nightline that she is not having a top secret liaison with Ogle, who has been her best pal since childhood.
"Judy and I have been best friends since we were like in the third and fourth grade," the Daily Mail quoted Parton as telling in the interview.
"We still just have a great friendship and relationship and I love her as much as I love anybody in the whole world, but we're not romantically involved," she said.
Parton further said that she has bonded with talk show host Oprah Winfrey- who also became the subject of speculation about her sexual orientation and was rumoured to be having a relationship with her own best friend Gayle King- over the false whispers about their pals.