Dolly Parton denies being a lesbian
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
Dolly Parton has rubbished rumours that she is having a lesbian affair with her female best friend Judy Ogle.
The 66-year-old Country music star, who is a proud supporter of LGBT rights, asserted in a new interview on Nightline that she is not having a top secret liaison with Ogle, who has been her best pal since childhood.
"Judy and I have been best friends since we were like in the third and fourth grade," the Daily Mail quoted Parton as telling in the interview.
"We still just have a great friendship and relationship and I love her as much as I love anybody in the whole world, but we're not romantically involved," she said.
Parton further said that she has bonded with talk show host Oprah Winfrey- who also became the subject of speculation about her sexual orientation and was rumoured to be having a relationship with her own best friend Gayle King- over the false whispers about their pals.
"Like Gayle, her friend, Judy, my friend ... (people) just think that you just can't be that close to somebody," she added.