Don Bosco vice-principal arrested for attempting to rape student
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Pune police Tuesday arrested vice-principal of Don Bosco School in Yerawada for allegedly molesting and attempting to rape an SSC girl student at his office January 2.
Vice-principal Iju Francis Falkau (54) was arrested after the 14-year-old girl lodged a complaint at Yerawada police station.
Explaining the delay in approaching them, the police said the girl and her mother were not in the proper state of mind after the incident and were confused whether to lodge the complaint. A senior police officer said the mother decided to lodge the complaint after the girl refused to go school.
The police produced the suspect in a magistrate court on Tuesday. Judicial Magistrate (first class) S S Patil remanded the suspect in police custody till January 25.
As per the complaint, the girl had gone to church on the school premises with her mother and a friend to offer prayers on January 1. After the prayers, Falkau approached the girl and allegedly asked her to meet him in his office after school hours the next day.
The girl went to the vice-principal's office around 1 pm on January 2, when he was alone in his office. He allegedly closed and latched the door and misbehaved with the girl. The girl tried to run away. But he allegedly stopped her and attempted to rape her. The girl managed to push him away, open the door and run out. She narrated the incident to her three friends waiting near the office.
She informed her mother. Police said the girl was so frightened that she stopped going to school. The suspect has been booked under relevant sections of the IPC.
Police, seeking custody of the suspect, told the court they wanted to probe if he had harassed any other girls. Police also said the victim's friends had run towards the suspect's office when she shouted for help and they wanted question the suspect in presence of these girls.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress