Don Bosco vice-principal arrested for attempting to rape student
- L-G expresses disappointment over Kejriwal's remark on PM, says will clear Swati Maliwal as DCW chief
- Bombay HC grants anticipatory bail to Teesta Setalvad after CBI rejects plea
- Union Agriculture Minister lists 'love affairs, impotency' as causes for farmer suicides
- Asaram witness murder case: UP govt recommends CBI probe in Akhil Gupta's death
- Haryana Health Minister catches CID man 'spying' on his office, threatens to resign
"The incident took place on January 2, but the victim delayed filing the complaint. It seems the suspect knows the girl and her family very well. When we arrested him, he denied all allegations. The suspect says he does not even remember any such incident having taken place. We are investigating," said police sub-inspector Reshma Mulani, who is investigating the case.
The vice-principal was arrested under Sections 354, 376 and 511 of Indian Penal Code. Assistant Commissioner of Police Prakash Gharge said Sections 376 and 511 of the IPC were invoked against the suspect as he is suspected to have attempted to rape the girl.
Political activists protested against the incident outside the school.