Don Bosco vice-principal arrested for attempting to rape student
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
"The incident took place on January 2, but the victim delayed filing the complaint. It seems the suspect knows the girl and her family very well. When we arrested him, he denied all allegations. The suspect says he does not even remember any such incident having taken place. We are investigating," said police sub-inspector Reshma Mulani, who is investigating the case.
The vice-principal was arrested under Sections 354, 376 and 511 of Indian Penal Code. Assistant Commissioner of Police Prakash Gharge said Sections 376 and 511 of the IPC were invoked against the suspect as he is suspected to have attempted to rape the girl.
Political activists protested against the incident outside the school.