Donít take political mileage from ASI murder: SAD to Cong
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
In a press conference on Thursday, leaders of the Shiromani Akali Dal asked the Congress party and its president Capt Amarinder Singh to not take political mileage from the murder of ASI Ravinderpal Singh. Akali leader Jagjit Singh Kang said that Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal had visited the family and took all steps to help them. "Rana has been expelled. Still the Congress is politicising the issue. The Congress was seeking political mileage out of the situation which is condemnable." The ASI was shot dead by now expelled general secretary of SAD Ranjit Singh Rana after Ravinderpal resisted harassment of his daughter.
Protest against subsidised food cash transfer
Residents of Colony Number 4, led by former BJP councillor Rajkumari Mishra, held a protest in front of Food Supplies Department at Industrial Area-I and raised slogans against Congress and city MP and Union Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal. Mishra said that colony residents want that government to give them foodgrains on subsidised rates instead of cash in their bank account. "The money will go into account of the male... it can cause starvation for several families," he said.