Donít allow transfer of Molarband, Dheerpur plots, says court
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
A city court, which is hearing the multi-crore Molarband and Dheerpur land scam case allegedly involving former canteen contractor at Delhi Assembly Ashok Malhotra and several DDA officials, has ordered CBI and DDA to ensure that the plots allotted fraudulently are not transferred to buyers.
"It is a matter of concern that the allotments were made to ineligible/fictitious persons and the plots also appear to have been further transferred to innocent purchasers who may have spent their lifetime earnings. If the allotment to the initial allottee itself was fraudulent, no valid title could be legally passed to the subsequent purchasers/ transferee," Special CBI Judge A K Mendiratta said.
The court also ordered framing of charges against seven persons, including Malhotra, in two chargesheets relating to the fraudulent plot allotments in Dheerpur Phase-I and Nehru Vihar.
The CBI had filed 16 chargesheets in fictitious allotment of plots under Resettlement Scheme of Slum and JJ department and scheme for Redevelopment of Kingsway Camp area.
Malhotra, who earlier worked as a 'chhole bhature' vendor and later got the contract to run the canteen at the Delhi Assembly, is an accused in all the cases.
"The prosecution and DDA are directed to take necessary steps to ensure that the plots involved in the six chargesheets are not further transferred to prevent duping of any bonafide purchaser," the court said.
The court also directed that a notification be issued to the public specifying the 17 plots involved and called for an action-taken report from the DDA vice-chairman on September 7.
Of the 16 chargesheets, six pertain to plots allotted in Dheerpur and Nehru Vihar while the remaining cover the plots allotted in Molarband, Savda Ghera and Rohini.
The court has also held that a prima facie case of criminal conspiracy, cheating, forgery and corruption is made out against DDA's erstwhile Deputy Director Kheman Singh, Assistant Director Jeet Ram Gaur, Dealing Assistant Ajay Kumar, Assistant Engineer Shyam Babu and Junior Engineer Sunil Sharma, besides Malhotra and his associate Lal Mani.
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2
- Rohith’s despair speaks of the collective failure of the teaching community
- Mehbooba Mufti has held out CBMs for the BJP-PDP coalition
- What if we cannot poke a little innocent fun at one another
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar