You are beautiful, Sharad Yadav tells reporter
- A father-daughter angle in latest IPL conflict of interest
- Narendra Modi govt clears projects but where are the orders?
- Markets lower expectations: Analysts re-rate mid-term forecast for stock market indices
- AAP rebels get the boot but it’s Ashish Khetan kicking and screaming
- Crew have ‘verbally’ admitted they are Pak nationals: Coast Guard
In his attempt to parry direct answer to an innocuous question, NDA convener Sharad Yadav ended up calling a woman reporter "beautiful".
When asked to choose between Madhya Pradesh and Bihar, the states he has represented in Parliament, the JD(U) chief said "both states are beautiful, the whole country is beautiful, even you are beautiful''. The comment made in lighter vein did not offend the reporter.
When reached for comments later, a JD(U) leader quoted Yadav as saying he did not say anything inappropriate. "Usme galat kya hai... sari bachhiyan khubsurat hoti hai," Yadav said in the presence of his own daughter.
When a couple of TV channels ran the comment as 'sexist,' the party checked with the reporter if she felt embarrassed and was relieved when she answered in the negative.