Don't like movie promotions: Salman Khan
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
Actor Salman Khan says he hates getting out of his house to promote movies before their release.
The 47-year-old had a busy 2012 as he was extensively promoting his two releases "Ek Tha Tiger" and "Dabangg 2". And the superstar says he misses old days when putting up a film's poster was the only promotion required.
"I don't like movie promotions... Today you have to keep aside a month and half for promotions because producers tie up with so many brands. Producers have become kanjus (stingy) today. Back then just a films poster was enough but today you have to go to so many cities, talk to so many people. It is very hectic," said Salman.
The actor was here to attend his NGO Being Human's tie up with Coca Cola and NIIT for scaling up the beverage brand's Career Development Center - an initiative to empower and educate youth in rural areas.
Salman said he pledged his support for this cause as he thinks education and employment are important tools for developing the country.
"Being human was my parents idea, I have just streamlined it. I am very proud of being a part of this initiative and hope that benefits maximum children."
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi
- Not too late to reverse an ugliness spreading in the name of our sacred cows
- Arvind Kejriwal is uncomfortable with anyone with a mind of his own
- Not just the Arunachal switch but the choice of Sheila Dikshit for the UP are warnings to the BJP
- Gujarat unrest shows while Dalit lives have improved, conflict has increased
- Zakir Naik is ‘protected’ as an Indian citizen but he considers himself a Muslim first