Donít raze Ramdev trust building: HC
- AAP-BJP clashes: FIR against Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi for rioting
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
- âMamata is hiring honesty from Maharashtra through Annaâ
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
In a respite to Baba Ramdev Trust's Patanjli Yogpeeth, Himachal Pradesh High Court Wednesday directed that status quo be maintained on the 96.3 bigha land which was recently taken over by the state near Sadhupul in Solan.
"In the meantime, respondents are restrained from demolishing the construction, which has already been raised on the land or changing nature or possession of the land," the court said and listed the case for further hearing on April 24.
The order came on the trust's plea questioning legality of the state's move to take over the land without following due process of law. The Cabinet had cancelled the lease of the land on February 18 and on February 22, the state took over the land and the buildings, just five days before Ramdev was to inaugurate the main building and organise a yoga shivir.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students