Doon MLA’s accomplice surrenders
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Chaudhary asks for B-class facilities in jail
One of the accomplices of Doon MLA from Himachal Pardesh, Ram Kumar Chaudhary, surrendered before a local court in Panchkula Wednesday. The accused, Paramjeet Singh, of Baddi area in Himachal, was absconding for over two months since his role in the murder of 24-year old Hoshiarpur girl, Jyoti Kumari, surfaced. He was handed over to police custody and the court has directed that he should be produced before it on February 2.
Assistant Commissioner of police, Panchkula, Virendar Singh, said that the accused surrendered before a local court and police have taken his remand for custodial interrogation.
Police said that Paramjeet had given the truck to one of the accused, Tilak Raj, that was used to crush the girl at sector 21 in Panchkula leading to her death. Singh said that police is yet to recover the truck.
Earlier police had told the court that the truck was driven to Rajasthan, but it has been found that the truck had been concealed by the accused in Baddi only. During investigations it was found that the accused had also came in a Alto car to Panchkula on the day of the murder on November 21. Police said that Paramjeet was present with Ram Kumar Chaudhary and other accused in sector 21 at the time of the murder incident.
Meanwhile, the Doon MLA also moved a fresh application for B-class facility at Central jail Ambala. He was earlier denied the facilities by prison authorities on the ground that he can't get the facilities as he is a murder accused. The application was moved before the court of Atul Marya, who issued the notices to the state and the application has also been listed for hearing on 2 February, the day Ram Kumar Chaudhary will be produced before the court.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment