Doon MLA to transfer power of attorney to wife in Ambala
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: DD steady but slow
A local court on Thursday ordered authorities to produce the Doon MLA, accused of murder, before the Ambala Sub-Registrar on any working day, to enable the Himachal legislator transfer the power of attorney of his business interests in favour of his wife.
Chief judicial magistrate, Bhawna Jain passed the orders after police filed report stating that the Ambala Tehsildar, who also functions as the sub-registrar, was competent to execute the power of attorney. Police and jail authorities had argued that the decision would spare them the trouble of taking MLA Ram Kumar Chaudhary to Baddi in Himachal Pradesh for the procedure. They had also contended that it would give the accused an opportunity to flee their custody.
Counsel for the accused, Amandeep Bindra, said that the orders were passed by the court today in the application that was earlier moved by him seeking orders to the police and jail authorities facilitating the execution of power of attorney.
The MLA has submitted before the court that execution of the power of attorney was necessary for him to ensure that his business doesn't suffer. The Doon MLA has besides the crusher business, petrol pumps and brick kilns as well and is one of the richest legislators of Himachal.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18