Doon MLA to transfer power of attorney to wife in Ambala
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A local court on Thursday ordered authorities to produce the Doon MLA, accused of murder, before the Ambala Sub-Registrar on any working day, to enable the Himachal legislator transfer the power of attorney of his business interests in favour of his wife.
Chief judicial magistrate, Bhawna Jain passed the orders after police filed report stating that the Ambala Tehsildar, who also functions as the sub-registrar, was competent to execute the power of attorney. Police and jail authorities had argued that the decision would spare them the trouble of taking MLA Ram Kumar Chaudhary to Baddi in Himachal Pradesh for the procedure. They had also contended that it would give the accused an opportunity to flee their custody.
Counsel for the accused, Amandeep Bindra, said that the orders were passed by the court today in the application that was earlier moved by him seeking orders to the police and jail authorities facilitating the execution of power of attorney.
The MLA has submitted before the court that execution of the power of attorney was necessary for him to ensure that his business doesn't suffer. The Doon MLA has besides the crusher business, petrol pumps and brick kilns as well and is one of the richest legislators of Himachal.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express