Doon MLA’s accomplice surrenders
- Rahul ordinance shortcut cut loses way
- JD(U) rules out tie-up, Lalu starts own campaign, clock ticks down for Congress
- Kejriwalâs first UP rally lays ground for Modi vs him
- Vigilance complaints pile up as Delhi Police doesnât know password
- PM heads for Myanmar today in his last likely official trip abroad
Chaudhary asks for B-class facilities in jail
One of the accomplices of Doon MLA from Himachal Pardesh, Ram Kumar Chaudhary, surrendered before a local court in Panchkula Wednesday. The accused, Paramjeet Singh, of Baddi area in Himachal, was absconding for over two months since his role in the murder of 24-year old Hoshiarpur girl, Jyoti Kumari, surfaced. He was handed over to police custody and the court has directed that he should be produced before it on February 2.
Assistant Commissioner of police, Panchkula, Virendar Singh, said that the accused surrendered before a local court and police have taken his remand for custodial interrogation.
Police said that Paramjeet had given the truck to one of the accused, Tilak Raj, that was used to crush the girl at sector 21 in Panchkula leading to her death. Singh said that police is yet to recover the truck.
Earlier police had told the court that the truck was driven to Rajasthan, but it has been found that the truck had been concealed by the accused in Baddi only. During investigations it was found that the accused had also came in a Alto car to Panchkula on the day of the murder on November 21. Police said that Paramjeet was present with Ram Kumar Chaudhary and other accused in sector 21 at the time of the murder incident.
Meanwhile, the Doon MLA also moved a fresh application for B-class facility at Central jail Ambala. He was earlier denied the facilities by prison authorities on the ground that he can't get the facilities as he is a murder accused. The application was moved before the court of Atul Marya, who issued the notices to the state and the application has also been listed for hearing on 2 February, the day Ram Kumar Chaudhary will be produced before the court.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today