DOSST holds meeting, to fight against sex-selected abortions
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's book by Rajiv Gandhi govt was wrong: Chidambaram
- Woman IPS officer transferred after spat with Haryana health minister
- Pakistan ready for talks with India without preconditions, says Nawaz Sharif: Report
- Cabinet expansion in Maharashtra sets pitch for lobbying in BJP
- Bhushans should join BJP, says AAP after criticism of Janlokpal
Gynaecologists and radiologists on Thursday got together at IMA House for a meeting of DOSST (Doctors Opposing Sex Selected Termination of Pregnancy) cell.
The cell has been formed in Ludhiana by the Ludhiana Obstetrics and Gynaecological Society under the guidance of FOGSI (Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Societies of India).
The members of the cell include obstetricians, radiologists and sonologists who stated that they were committed against pre-natal sex determination and sex-selected abortions and would be working against the issue of sex selection abortion in liaison with the authorities and public.
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past
- When Aamir chooses to talk about fears of Hindu intolerance, he does his faith a disservice
- Cricket is the only Indian religion in whose name people don’t kill each other
- There is a complaint about intolerance from those who frankly don’t like the change in govt
- Inside track: Changing tactics
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities