DOSST holds meeting, to fight against sex-selected abortions
- Justice K T Thomas quits as head of Lokpal search panel
- Sharing stage with Paswan, Modi attacks Nitish Kumar
- India's vote on UN resolution against Sri Lanka over war crimes to depend on draft text
- Supreme Court directs Centre, states to stop discrimination against HIV+ kids
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
Gynaecologists and radiologists on Thursday got together at IMA House for a meeting of DOSST (Doctors Opposing Sex Selected Termination of Pregnancy) cell.
The cell has been formed in Ludhiana by the Ludhiana Obstetrics and Gynaecological Society under the guidance of FOGSI (Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Societies of India).
The members of the cell include obstetricians, radiologists and sonologists who stated that they were committed against pre-natal sex determination and sex-selected abortions and would be working against the issue of sex selection abortion in liaison with the authorities and public.
Dr Vaneet Kaur is the president of this cell while Dr A S Rattan and Dr Neelam Sodhi are honorary secretary and secretary respectively.