Double celebration for White House on Independence Day
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
As the US marked its Independence Day, the occasion for the White House came with a double celebration as President Barack Obama's elder daughter Malia turned 15."And by the way, it's Malia's birthday, so she is appreciative that you're all going to be wishing her happy birthday as well," Obama said amidst applause at a White House event to celebrate America's 237th Independence Day.
Malia, the eldest of the two daughters of the Obama's, yesterday turned 15.
Malia and her younger sister Sasha, 12, had accompanied Obama and the First Lady during their just concluded Africa trip that took them to South Africa.
In February this year, Obama had hinted that one of his daughters, possibly Malia, was now dating.
"I do have to warn the parents who are here, who still have young kids, they grow up to be like 5 feet 10 inches. And even if they're still nice to you, they basically don't have a lot of time for you during the weekends," he said.
"They have sleepovers and dates. So all that early investment just leaves them to go away," Obama had said.