Double delight for Don Bosco
- After Fali Nariman, former SC judge questions Lokpal selection process
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Bihar: Flanked by Paswans, Narendra Modi sells âN(Development)Aâ
- Nitin Gadkari's âproposalâ for Raj Thackeray: Donât put up candidates for LS polls
- CBI to look into DLF high-rise plan near Rashtrapati Bhavan
The under-16 Bosco boys dominated the final against Dadar Parsee Youth Association and beat them 3-0 with Ayush, Ritwick, Nexille D'cuhna sharing the spoils, while their under-12 'A' team defeated their junior string 2-1 after leading 1-0 at the breather. However, the under-14 final was won by St. Paul's, who downed Western Railway Colony 3-2 via tie-breaker after both were locked goalless at the stipulated time. This was the fourth year of the tournament held in the memory of legendary India footballer K.P.Krishnan who represented India in Olympics and several international events. Krishnan, who was known for his dedication to the game and was very keen to promote the game at grassroot levels. So Indian Gymkhana, to perpetuate his memory, hold the two-day event for boys in the under-12, un der-14 and under-16 categories every year.
Results of the finals: Under- 16: Don Bosco (Matunga) 3 (Ayush, Ritwick, Nexille D'cuhna) beat DPYA 0. Best player: Nexille D'cuhna (Don Bosco) and Manav Gandhi (DPYA) Under- 14: St. Paul beat Western Railway(colony) 3-2 (via tie-breaker). Best player: Ranson Patel (St. Paul) Under- 12: Don Bosco Matunga 'A' 2 (Fabian and Rajin Mehta) bt Don Bosco (Matunga) 'B' 1 (Nathane). Best player : Rajin Mehta and Floied D'souza.
Limbole slams unbeaten 191
A fine unbeaten century by opener Shrikant Limbole and his 159 runs partnership for the third wicket with Humayun Hiramani helped Mumbai Police to finish the first day at 400 for 4 against Future Group in the three day Times Shield 'B' Division second league match at Kenady Sea Face on Tuesday. Limbole's unbeaten knock of 191 was studded with two sixes and 27 fours after facing 280 balls while Hirapure hit 13 fours in his 133 balls innings of 74.
Brief scores: Mumbai Police 400 for 4 (Shrikant Limbole batting 191, Rajesh Tandel 35, Humayun Hirapure 74, Santosh Shinde batting 38) vs Future Group; Central Railway 193 (Harshad Rawale 52, Salil Agarkar 30; Atish Walinjkar 4-49, Rahul Thakur 3-37) vs Western Railway 50 for 2; Income Tax 296 (Sumit Meher 93, Jayesh Patil 69, D. Nagvekar 35, Atish Gawand 5-55, Bala Shirke 2-39, P. Mehta 2-45) vs Mumbai Customs 30 for 2; Bank of India 261 (Ankit Revandkar 68, Shekhar Bhor 62, Sameer Apte 34; Yogesh Dicholkar 3-71, Ankush Jaiswal 5-51) vs Mumbai Port Trust 45 for 3; B. Arunkumar 186 (Rohan Tondulkar 43, J. Pardeshi 34, Kadir Patel 35; Dinesh Khatri 3-58, J.Joshi 2-31) vs Sarco Global 172 for 2 (J.Joshi 82, Sumit Ghadigaonkar batting 82); Indian Navy 239 (I.Khan 44, A. Kumar 59, A. Tiwari 35; J.Gharat 3-79, D.Thakue 3-49,Vinay Dandekar 4-57) vs Reliance Energy 106 for 5 (N. Kadam batting 34); RCF 229 (Sunil Thawari 56, Yogesh Patil 47; Abhijit Tapase 3-30, Bharat Meher 3-49)vs Cosmos-Space 28 for no loss.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore