Dowry case against eye surgeon
- L-G Najeeb Jung's 'I am the govt' remark laughable, acting at PM's behest: Arvind Kejriwal
- Robert Vadra's Facebook post triggers BJP, Congress clash; House adjourned
- Scolded by Sonia, Shashi Tharoor gets praise from PM Modi
- RK Pachauri asked to step down, Ajay Mathur is new TERI chief
- PM's credibility declining, no discussion until Sushma steps down: Rahul
A lady dentist has filed a dowry case against her husband, who is an eye surgeon. The accused, Dr Hitesh, works at Atma Ram Jain Hospital on Chandigarh road. The case has been registered after enquiry conducted by ADCP (city-1) Nilambari Jagdale. Hitesh is absconding. According to complainant Dr Sonal, a dentist at Dr BL Kapoor Memorial Hospital, she married Hitesh in 2007. Hitesh allegedly began harassing her for dowry after the marriage. Eventually, she left her house and began living with her parents at Haibowal. She filed an application to the Commissioner Ishwar Singh, who had marked an enquiry to ADCP Nilambari Jagdale. After the inquiry, the ADCP has asked women police station to register a case against the eye surgeon.
Takht chief seeks justice for '84 victims
President of Danga Peerat Welfare Society in Ludhiana, Surjit Singh, on Saturday said Akal Takht Jathedar has written to SGPC to 'with government and ensure proper rehabilitation of 1984 Sikh riots victims'.