Dowry case against eye surgeon
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
A lady dentist has filed a dowry case against her husband, who is an eye surgeon. The accused, Dr Hitesh, works at Atma Ram Jain Hospital on Chandigarh road. The case has been registered after enquiry conducted by ADCP (city-1) Nilambari Jagdale. Hitesh is absconding. According to complainant Dr Sonal, a dentist at Dr BL Kapoor Memorial Hospital, she married Hitesh in 2007. Hitesh allegedly began harassing her for dowry after the marriage. Eventually, she left her house and began living with her parents at Haibowal. She filed an application to the Commissioner Ishwar Singh, who had marked an enquiry to ADCP Nilambari Jagdale. After the inquiry, the ADCP has asked women police station to register a case against the eye surgeon.
Takht chief seeks justice for '84 victims
President of Danga Peerat Welfare Society in Ludhiana, Surjit Singh, on Saturday said Akal Takht Jathedar has written to SGPC to 'with government and ensure proper rehabilitation of 1984 Sikh riots victims'.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today