DPDC poll this month
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
District Collector Vikas Deshmukh said the District Planning and Development Council (DPDC) election process will start on January 18. The 40-member committee will be elected from municipal corporation, zilla parishad and municipal council members. There are 567 members in all these bodies of which there are 152 from PMC, 128 from PCMC, 75 from Zilla Parishad and from municipal councils.
Political parties gearing up for the Lok Sabha and assembly elections would want to bag as many seats as possible in the polls to the DPDC that plans public welfare schemes of the government. The committee is headed by the Guardian Minister, but every political party will want to its ensure maximum say in the planning process and that's why parties will be trying to get their own members elected.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid