DPT vaccines sealed after 2 child deaths
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
After two children reportedly died in Hamirpur and Kullu districts on receiving DPT vaccine injections, the state health department has sealed the batch of the vaccine and sent it for examination to Central Research Institute, Kasauli.
Director Health Services Dr Vinod Pathak said batch number 14037B09 of the vaccine has been sealed across the state and vaccination has been stopped till the report comes in. This year, this is the third case of death reported to have happened after DPT vaccination, confirmed the health department officials.
The latest death was reported on December 13 from Primary Health Centre Bhutti in Kullu district, where a two-month-old girl child died a few hours after being administered the DPT injection.
However, the health authorities are yet to ascertain the exact cause of her death as the child had also been given OBP vaccination on the same day.
The death in Hamirpur district was reported on December 9 from Jharnot Anganwadi centre. The child in this case was vaccinated for DPT and Hepatitis B.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun