DPU Lifetime Achievement Awards on December 29
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
Dr D Y Patil Vidyapeeth Society will honor five veterans with DPU Lifetime Achievement Awards for their outstanding contribution in their respective fields on December 29. The chief guest will be Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde.
The awardees are Neela Satyanarayan, election commissioner, Maharashtra, Prabhakar Vaidya, secretary, Hanuman Vyayam Prasarak Mandal, Amaravati, Sandeep Waslekar, president, Strategic Foresight Group, Washington, Sanjay Puri,
president, Alliance for US India Business and Father Francis D' Britto. The awards were announced by Dr P D Patil, president of Dr D Y Patil Vidyapeeth Society on Tuesday.
"A lot of individuals keep working meticulously in their chosen field, thereby contributing a great extent to the society. The main objective of these awards is to honour their efforts and bring forward their inspiring work in front of people," said Dr Patil.
The award ceremony will be organised on December 29 at Balgandharva Ranga Mandir. Along with Sushil Kumar Shinde, Dr D Y Patil, Governor, Tripura, Narayan Rane, Minister of Industries, Maharashtra, Dr Vijay Bhatkar and Somnath Patil, secretary, Dr D Y Patil Vidyapeeth Society will also be present. The award carries a cash prize of Rs 1 Lakh and a special memento.
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy