DPU Lifetime Achievement Awards on December 29
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: CSK win toss, elect to bat first
Dr D Y Patil Vidyapeeth Society will honor five veterans with DPU Lifetime Achievement Awards for their outstanding contribution in their respective fields on December 29. The chief guest will be Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde.
The awardees are Neela Satyanarayan, election commissioner, Maharashtra, Prabhakar Vaidya, secretary, Hanuman Vyayam Prasarak Mandal, Amaravati, Sandeep Waslekar, president, Strategic Foresight Group, Washington, Sanjay Puri,
president, Alliance for US India Business and Father Francis D' Britto. The awards were announced by Dr P D Patil, president of Dr D Y Patil Vidyapeeth Society on Tuesday.
"A lot of individuals keep working meticulously in their chosen field, thereby contributing a great extent to the society. The main objective of these awards is to honour their efforts and bring forward their inspiring work in front of people," said Dr Patil.
The award ceremony will be organised on December 29 at Balgandharva Ranga Mandir. Along with Sushil Kumar Shinde, Dr D Y Patil, Governor, Tripura, Narayan Rane, Minister of Industries, Maharashtra, Dr Vijay Bhatkar and Somnath Patil, secretary, Dr D Y Patil Vidyapeeth Society will also be present. The award carries a cash prize of Rs 1 Lakh and a special memento.
A book on Yashwantrao Chavan by Ramanlal Shah Krushnakathcha Amrutkum-bha will also be unveiled on the occasion.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota