Dr Manoj Sobti takes over as Punjab IMA president
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanishing, says Air force chief
- Out of the 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by Modi: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
Dr Manoj Sobti, a senior neurosurgeon, has taken charge as president of the Indian Medical Association (IMA), Punjab.
After taking charge, Dr Sobti said he would form a public grievance cell of the IMA to redress grievances of the public. Besides, he would take up the matter with the Patiala Municipal Corporation regarding sealed nursing homes. "As a result of the agitation of the doctors, the government of Punjab is framing a policy regarding the nursing homes in the residential areas. We are of the opinion that medical establishments serve society at their doorsteps. Therefore, they should be permitted to continue in the residential areas. Any such policy should be applicable throughout the state. For this, we will take up the matter with the government," he said.