Draft Master Plan: PU V-C demands more land for expanding campus
- Indonesian military plane crash death toll rises to 74
- Eurogroup turned down Greek bailout extension, says Finnish FinMin Alexander Stubb
- Disappointment creeping in over Modi govt's reform pace: Moody's
- Dholpur Palace: Congress' fresh document says it's a govt property
- Greece will not pay IMF debt on Tuesday: Finance minister
Panjab University Vice-Chancellor Prof Arun Grover on Friday demanded 180 acres for expansion of the varsity as he appeared before the Board of Inquiry that was hearing the suggestions and objections to the draft Master Plan 2031.
Friday was the last date of hearing by the Board that is headed by CHB Chairman Satya Gopal. The V-C demanded additional land for expanding the campus. The land would be used for constructing new hostels and adding new faculties.
Officials from Greater Mohali Area Development Authority also attended the hearing. They demanded three additional road links for increasing the connectivity between Chandigarh, Mohali and Mullanpur.
Objections were received against the proposed Apartment Act. It was stated that the Act should not be implemented in the city as it would damage the basic character. Members of the Chandigarh Business Council demanded that vertical expansion of commercial structures be allowed. It was suggested that provision for community parking be allowed. The committee members would now hold a meeting on December 12. The objections that were received during the course of hearing would be compiled and decision will be taken.