Dravid's retirement: The quotes
- Kalikho Pul's body found hanging from ceiling fan in CM house
- Kalikho Pul: A carpenter who became Arunachal chief minister
- Raghuram Rajan: Risks to inflation target of 5% for March 2017 continue to be on upside
- Irom Sharmila to break 16-year long fast today, start a new fight
- Topgun Abhinav Bindra falls in a shoot-out at Rio
Reactions to Indian batting great Rahul Dravid's retirement from test and domestic first-class cricket:
"There was and is only one Rahul Dravid. There can be no other. I will miss Rahul in the dressing room and out in the middle. Our many century partnerships are testimony to the hours we spent together in the middle.''
– Batting great Sachin Tendulkar.
"It's really tough to become another Rahul Dravid. It will not happen overnight. It has taken him long to get here.''
– former India captain Sourav Ganguly.
"It was a pleasure and privilege to have played with you and your presence in the dressing room always added to our confidence. Will miss you lots.''
– Hard-hitting batsman Virender Sehwag, on Twitter.
"I think it is the beginning of the end of the era.''
– Former India captain and coach Ajit Wadekar.
"Congrats on a fantastic, superb international career! The great legend Rahul Dravid!! The wall will be missed.''
– West Indian batsman Chris Gayle, on Twitter.
"Knew the man behind the bat. Not often do you find a person as exceptional as his achievements.''
– Former India batsman and commentator Sanjay Manjrekar, on Twitter.
"It's going to be a bit void in Indian cricket now. I think you really won't find anybody playing with the same tactical virtuosity that you saw with Rahul Dravid.''
– Former India captain Sunil Gavaskar.
"He has been a great ambassador for the game and for India. It is a sad day for me because I've seen him grow as a player.''
– Indian cricket board president Narainswamy Srinivasan.
"Rahul Dravid retires.. The worlds most respected cricketer over the last 20 yrs.. LEGEND.''
– Former England captain Michael Vaughan, on Twitter.
"Congrats to Rahul Dravid on an amazing career! You will be missed. Fantastic person and Cricketer!''
- Una awakening: New focus on land distribution for redemption of Dalit dignity
- Angered by gau rakshak, now PM Modi must apply the same principle to all crime
- Governors, with rare exceptions, have been acting as if employees of the Central govt
- Arctic opportunities: India should leverage trade talks with South Korea
- PM Modi's belated statements on gau rakshaks still require scrutiny
- Changing a name of place can be an act of power or about the politics of visibility