Dravid's retirement: The quotes
- Army out for relief in Chennai amid heavy rain, air services suspended
- Today, protest means sedition in India, says Rahul; Modi asserts people don't need to prove patriotism
- 'Real dirt' of India lies in minds, not streets: President Pranab Mukherjee
- Chidambaram hits out at govt after IT raids on son's firms
- Patidar quota agitation: Gujarat HC calls reservation an 'amoeboid monster '
Reactions to Indian batting great Rahul Dravid's retirement from test and domestic first-class cricket:
"There was and is only one Rahul Dravid. There can be no other. I will miss Rahul in the dressing room and out in the middle. Our many century partnerships are testimony to the hours we spent together in the middle.''
– Batting great Sachin Tendulkar.
"It's really tough to become another Rahul Dravid. It will not happen overnight. It has taken him long to get here.''
– former India captain Sourav Ganguly.
"It was a pleasure and privilege to have played with you and your presence in the dressing room always added to our confidence. Will miss you lots.''
– Hard-hitting batsman Virender Sehwag, on Twitter.
"I think it is the beginning of the end of the era.''
– Former India captain and coach Ajit Wadekar.
"Congrats on a fantastic, superb international career! The great legend Rahul Dravid!! The wall will be missed.''
– West Indian batsman Chris Gayle, on Twitter.
"Knew the man behind the bat. Not often do you find a person as exceptional as his achievements.''
– Former India batsman and commentator Sanjay Manjrekar, on Twitter.
"It's going to be a bit void in Indian cricket now. I think you really won't find anybody playing with the same tactical virtuosity that you saw with Rahul Dravid.''
– Former India captain Sunil Gavaskar.
"He has been a great ambassador for the game and for India. It is a sad day for me because I've seen him grow as a player.''
– Indian cricket board president Narainswamy Srinivasan.
"Rahul Dravid retires.. The worlds most respected cricketer over the last 20 yrs.. LEGEND.''
– Former England captain Michael Vaughan, on Twitter.
"Congrats to Rahul Dravid on an amazing career! You will be missed. Fantastic person and Cricketer!''
- Rajnath Singh's speech mocked the ideals that Ambedkar stood for
- Government should act on Jaitley’s criticism of Section 377, not look to the courts
- India will require greater ambition on increasing renewable energy
- Tactics that worked against tobacco can be used to thwart air polluters
- Not just an esoteric celebrity
- Under General Sharif, Pakistan army is carrying low-intensity war against diversity of opinion