Drawing competition for students
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
In order to spread an awareness among the children, the Directorate of Industrial Safety and Health (DISH) and Mutual Aid Response Group (MARG), a Thane-based NGO, has decided to organise a drawing competition for school students from Thane and Navi Mumbai.
The competition will be held on January 18 at the Cadbury company in Vartka Nagar, Thane.
State Labour Minister Nawab Malik and MLA Jitendra Awhaad will participate in the inaugural function. According to DISH, as many as 600 students from Thane and Navi Mumbai are expected to participate in the competition.
The topics have been chosen by the organisers keeping the age of the participants in mind. Group A, comprising students from grade V to grade VII, have been given topics like usage of medicines, handling sharp weapons and effective usage of LPG gas and stove.
Group B, comprising students from grade VIII and IX, have been given topics like traffic rules, measures to be taken while crossing roads and the importance of traffic signals.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express