Drawing competition for students
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
In order to spread an awareness among the children, the Directorate of Industrial Safety and Health (DISH) and Mutual Aid Response Group (MARG), a Thane-based NGO, has decided to organise a drawing competition for school students from Thane and Navi Mumbai.
The competition will be held on January 18 at the Cadbury company in Vartka Nagar, Thane.
State Labour Minister Nawab Malik and MLA Jitendra Awhaad will participate in the inaugural function. According to DISH, as many as 600 students from Thane and Navi Mumbai are expected to participate in the competition.
The topics have been chosen by the organisers keeping the age of the participants in mind. Group A, comprising students from grade V to grade VII, have been given topics like usage of medicines, handling sharp weapons and effective usage of LPG gas and stove.