Drawing competition for students
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
In order to spread an awareness among the children, the Directorate of Industrial Safety and Health (DISH) and Mutual Aid Response Group (MARG), a Thane-based NGO, has decided to organise a drawing competition for school students from Thane and Navi Mumbai.
The competition will be held on January 18 at the Cadbury company in Vartka Nagar, Thane.
State Labour Minister Nawab Malik and MLA Jitendra Awhaad will participate in the inaugural function. According to DISH, as many as 600 students from Thane and Navi Mumbai are expected to participate in the competition.
The topics have been chosen by the organisers keeping the age of the participants in mind. Group A, comprising students from grade V to grade VII, have been given topics like usage of medicines, handling sharp weapons and effective usage of LPG gas and stove.
Group B, comprising students from grade VIII and IX, have been given topics like traffic rules, measures to be taken while crossing roads and the importance of traffic signals.