Drawing competition for students
- J-K: Day after DG level talks, 1 BSF officer killed in Pak firing in Rajouri
- Bihar polls: NDA fails to clinch seat-sharing deal as Manjhi plays hardball
- 70 Indian sailors stranded in Yemen, MEA says working on evacuation
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan heckled near Jhabua blast site; accused absconding
- Munnar tea estate workers end nine-day-long agitation
In order to spread an awareness among the children, the Directorate of Industrial Safety and Health (DISH) and Mutual Aid Response Group (MARG), a Thane-based NGO, has decided to organise a drawing competition for school students from Thane and Navi Mumbai.
The competition will be held on January 18 at the Cadbury company in Vartka Nagar, Thane.
State Labour Minister Nawab Malik and MLA Jitendra Awhaad will participate in the inaugural function. According to DISH, as many as 600 students from Thane and Navi Mumbai are expected to participate in the competition.
The topics have been chosen by the organisers keeping the age of the participants in mind. Group A, comprising students from grade V to grade VII, have been given topics like usage of medicines, handling sharp weapons and effective usage of LPG gas and stove.