Dressed down look never works for me: Dita Von Teese
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Stylish burlesque dancer Dita Von Teese says she never leaves her house without looking her best.
The 40-year-old, who is famed for her well-groomed look, says she feels better about herself when she has made an effort, reported Daily Star.
"That dressed down look never worked for me. Any time I feel like being lazy, I think: 'The day I don't dress up, that's when I'll run into my ex-boyfriend - or worse, his new girlfriend. I feel better about myself when I look my best. I always find the time to put on my powder and do my chignon," she said.
Teese recently launched her debut dress collection - which comprises feminine retro-inspired dresses - and she says she got the inspiration from going to vintage stores.
"I saw a very famous designer, who shall remain unnamed, in a vintage boutique in LA. He was there with his team and they were taking pictures for pieces to inspire his next collection. I just thought to myself: 'There's no reason why I couldn't do that.' Vintage stores are where I buy all my clothes - I love the thrill of the hunt," Teese added.