Drew Barrymore, husband to raise daughter in Jewish faith
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions over selected candidates and seat sharing
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Rest in freeze: Is Ashutosh Maharaj 40-day âclinically deadâ or a guru in a very long meditation?
Actress Drew Barrymore and husband Will Kopelman have decided to raise their 4-month-old daughter Olive in Jewish faith.
"He's a nice Jewish man from a nice Jewish family," Barrymore said of Kopelman, a 35-year-old art consultant.
"I'm a shiksa [gentile]. I do the seders and we do Passover. I haven't converted yet, but Olive will be raised traditionally," the actress said during an appearance on TV show The View.
The couple married in a very traditional ceremony about eight months ago.
Barrymore called Judaism "a beautiful faith" and said she's "so honored" to be around it. "It's so family-oriented. The stories are so beautiful and it's incredibly enlightening. I'm really happy."
The actress credits her daughter for making her a better person.
"(Olive) actually has made me a morning person, so she's already made me a better person in every way possible. I'm like Godzilla in the morning... before I've had that cup of caffeine. and with her, I sing her 'Good Morning' with my husband from Singing in the Rain every day. She has the biggest smile and it's the first time I've smiled in the morning. I love it!," Barrymore said.