DRI constable among 5 held for molestation
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Five persons, including a Defence ministry staff and a Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) constable, have been arrested for allegedly molesting a woman in Bawana on Sunday night.
Police said the men trespassed into a field where the woman was working with her father-in-law. In her complaint, the woman alleged that the five teased her and tried to abduct her in a car. But her father-in-law raised the alarm. Residents of the area reached the spot hearing the cries for help and nabbed the five persons, the woman said.
The five men — all residents of Sonepat — have been identified as Mahender (26), Sunil Dahiya (25), Rajneesh (28), Gopal (28) and Basant (31). Gopal is a Group-D employee in the Defence ministry and Basant is a head constable with DRI.
In another incident, a minor girl was molested in Kalyanpuri, East Delhi, allegedly by four youths when she refused to accept their friendship proposal.