DRI constable among 5 held for molestation
Five persons, including a Defence ministry staff and a Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) constable, have been arrested for allegedly molesting a woman in Bawana on Sunday night.
Police said the men trespassed into a field where the woman was working with her father-in-law. In her complaint, the woman alleged that the five teased her and tried to abduct her in a car. But her father-in-law raised the alarm. Residents of the area reached the spot hearing the cries for help and nabbed the five persons, the woman said.
The five men — all residents of Sonepat — have been identified as Mahender (26), Sunil Dahiya (25), Rajneesh (28), Gopal (28) and Basant (31). Gopal is a Group-D employee in the Defence ministry and Basant is a head constable with DRI.
In another incident, a minor girl was molested in Kalyanpuri, East Delhi, allegedly by four youths when she refused to accept their friendship proposal.
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan