Drinking black tea may protect your heart
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions
- Nandan Nilekani, Mohammad Kaif in Congressâs first list for 194 seats
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Kejriwal joins list of VIPs with âZâ category security
They said quercetin also works to protect vessels against hypochlorous acid-induced endothelial dysfunction in isolated arteries.
"We believe [quercetin] works by upregulating Heme-oxygenase which is an antioxidant enzyme that can then protect the vessels against oxidant induced damage," they said.
The study was published in the journal of Biochemical Pharmacology.