Driver involved in Pimpri Camp accident was drunk: Police
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The police investigation has revealed that the driver of the car involved in an accident in Pimpri Camp — in which a two-year-old boy was killed and his mother was critically injured — was drunk. Police have arrested the driver, Netaji Madhukar Dudhbhate (25), a resident of Pimple Gurav.
The incident took place when the two-wheeler they were riding on was hit by an Innova from behind at Sadhu Vaswani garden near Kalewadi bridge on Sunday night.
Pimpri police had identified the victim as Nihal (2) and his mother as Varsha Pritam Relwani (32). Nihal's elder brother Vishal (8), who was riding pillion,
also suffered injuries in the accident. The car had collided head-on with the two-wheeler, said police.
Investigating officer Sub-Inspector P Kadam said, "The medical examination of the driver has revealed that he was drunk. He has been arrested. Woman and her elder son are stable."
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™