Driver of ex-transport ministerís car booked
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
The Haryana Police on Tuesday registered a case on charges of rash and negligent driving causing death against the driver of former transport minister O P Jain's car, which on Monday had collided head on with Haryana State Level Environment Impact Assessment Authority chairman R D Sheokand's Maruti Swift Dzire on national highway 1 in Karnal.
Jain's car was part of Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda's cavalcade. While the driver, Mukesh Kumar, was driving Jain's car and was accompanied by gunman Vikas ó who succumbed to his injuries on Tuesday at the Chandigarh PGIMER ó the former minister was in the chief minister's car.
According to the FIR, registered at civil lines police station in Karnal, Mukesh was driving rashly, as a result of which he lost control of the car, which swerved off the road, jumped the road divider and rammed into Sheokand's vehicle that was coming from the opposite direction. While Sheokand died on the spot, three others in his car sustained injuries.