Driver of ex-transport ministerís car booked
- Rs 870 crore money trail: Why the Bhujbals are under scanner
- SC allows 'Make in India' event at Mumbai beach, PM to inaugurate
- Pawar defends Bhujbals, says Fadnavis govt indulging in vendetta politics
- Anupam Kher a great artiste, welcome to visit Pakistan: Abdul Basit
- Indian helicopters helped war against militants in Afghanistan: US General
The Haryana Police on Tuesday registered a case on charges of rash and negligent driving causing death against the driver of former transport minister O P Jain's car, which on Monday had collided head on with Haryana State Level Environment Impact Assessment Authority chairman R D Sheokand's Maruti Swift Dzire on national highway 1 in Karnal.
Jain's car was part of Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda's cavalcade. While the driver, Mukesh Kumar, was driving Jain's car and was accompanied by gunman Vikas ó who succumbed to his injuries on Tuesday at the Chandigarh PGIMER ó the former minister was in the chief minister's car.
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism