Driver of ex-transport ministerís car booked
- Maoists target teachers, ambulance
- The Rahul Gandhi interview: 'PM candidates are unconstitutional, I won't step back if MPs ask me to be PM'
- Day after EC crackdown, Azam Khan booked for Kargil remarks
- Naveen Patnaik: The survivor
- Elections 2014 Live: Narendra Modi to address Chennai rally in first of many in Tamil Nadu
The Haryana Police on Tuesday registered a case on charges of rash and negligent driving causing death against the driver of former transport minister O P Jain's car, which on Monday had collided head on with Haryana State Level Environment Impact Assessment Authority chairman R D Sheokand's Maruti Swift Dzire on national highway 1 in Karnal.
Jain's car was part of Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda's cavalcade. While the driver, Mukesh Kumar, was driving Jain's car and was accompanied by gunman Vikas ó who succumbed to his injuries on Tuesday at the Chandigarh PGIMER ó the former minister was in the chief minister's car.
According to the FIR, registered at civil lines police station in Karnal, Mukesh was driving rashly, as a result of which he lost control of the car, which swerved off the road, jumped the road divider and rammed into Sheokand's vehicle that was coming from the opposite direction. While Sheokand died on the spot, three others in his car sustained injuries.