Drought spoils farm sector's dream run
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
However, there was no big policy announcement this year to boost public and private investment to strengthen resilience in these two sectors.
President Pranab Mukherjee warned that the agriculture sector should not be ignored even as its share in the country's GDP has dropped to about 15 per cent.
"I understand that the contribution of Agriculture to the country's GDP is declining and is lower than the services and industry sectors today.
"But I would exhort you to resist any temptation to be persuaded by some arguments to give only proportionate importance to this sector. Nothing could be more wrong," Mukherjee had said addressing the industry leaders at the fag end of the year.