Druva releases inSync v4.0 Blackbird
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Druva Software on Tuesday announced the release of a new update to its award-winning enterprise laptop backup product – Druva inSync.
Simple, light weight and scalable in nature, inSync version 4.0, codenamed Blackbird, after the Lockheed reconnaissance aircraft, is a first of its kind application aware de-duplication backup solution for laptops, specially designed to eliminate duplicates at logical-block or object level.
It comes with added features such as a global source based application aware de-duplication technology and an embedded new storage engine which redefines performance of data de-duplication enabled backups while supporting up to 16 TB de-duplication storage per server. With an average of over 80% emails being duplicated across users, the new application aware de-duplication approach provides efficient backup by optimizing storage bandwidth and ensuring 100% duplicate elimination.
Blackbird uses NoSQL Oracle Berkley Database (BDB) and provides a low-level storage interface for maintaining meta-data and in turn eliminates the network and SQL optimizer layers. It is also equipped with a redesigned WAN optimization engine – Octopus and a new web 2.0 based Management Console. The Octopus WAN optimization engine analyzes available networks and optimizes the data transfer for latency and packet sizing.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Jaspreet Singh, CEO and Co Founder, Druva said, "In this dynamic environment, global enterprises are constantly facing challenges relating to data protection and storage utilization. With the launch of Druva's inSync 4.0 Blackbird, we aim to eliminate these inefficiencies through our enhanced de-duplication solutions that guarantee superior performance, scalability and advanced cost savings. Indeed, technology never fails to surprise you, and this is an engineering marvel from Druva that I am truly proud to launch."
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress