Dry days in border areas of Assam due to Nagaland polls
- Inclusion of Jats in OBC list comes under SC scanner
- April 1 Campaign roundup: EC expresses displeasure to Sharad Pawar over ink remark
- RBI: Growth rate to stay under 6 per cent
- Modi has deep character flaws...wouldâve contested in Varanasi if I knew Hindi: Chidamabaram
- SC junks Centreâs plea, stands by order to grant life to Rajiv's killers
Dry days have been declared in the Assam-Nagaland border areas by the Sibsagar district administration today and tomorrow due to the Nagaland Assembly elections.
All wine shops and bars would remain closed for the two days according to a district administration order in view of the polls in the neighbouring state tomorrow, official sources said here.
The district administration has also tightened security measures in the border areas, they said.
- 50 lakh houses for poor, says Jagan
- Hair transplant ‘gone wrong’, court asks police to probe
- World’s oldest oil refinery suddenly turns a poll issue
- Scrap dealer died as doctors argued who’d attend to him, allege kin
- Telangana action panel questions TRS candidate choices
- HIV+ convict threatens suicide, police told to increase security