Dry days in border areas of Assam due to Nagaland polls
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Dry days have been declared in the Assam-Nagaland border areas by the Sibsagar district administration today and tomorrow due to the Nagaland Assembly elections.
All wine shops and bars would remain closed for the two days according to a district administration order in view of the polls in the neighbouring state tomorrow, official sources said here.
The district administration has also tightened security measures in the border areas, they said.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today