DSA names probables for Santosh Trophy
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
The Delhi Soccer Association has announced 33 probables for the 67th edition of the National Football Championship for the Santosh Trophy, which is being played from February 1 to March 3 in Kerala and Uttar Pradesh.
The selection-cum-training camp will be held from Friday onwards at the DDA Netaji Subhash Sports Complex here under the guidance of coach Surinder Kumar. The players have been chosen by the DSA selection committee after taking into consideration the players' performance in the Delhi senior division league. Delhi have been drawn in Group A in the preliminary round, to be played in Kochi. They will face Indian Railways on February 15 and multiple-time champions Bengal on February 17.
Probables: Goalkeepers: Virender Singh (Simla Youngs FC), Yogesh Kumar (Youngmen SC), Vikrant Sharma (Hindustan FC), Amit Negi (Shahdara FC), Mohammed Rashid (Royal Rangers FC) Defenders: Deepak Kumar (Garhwal Heroes FC), Yogesh Kumar (Garhwal Heroes FC), Nishant Siddhu (Shahdara Club), Sarwer Ali (Shahdara Club), Anil Bara (Delhi United FC), Vikash Rawat (Delhi United FC), Sohrab Ali (City Club), Pushpender Kundu (Hindustan FC), Tara (Tarun Sangha); Midfielders: Akshey Kumar (Youngmen SC), Jeet (Royal Rangers FC), Monu Choudhary (Delhi United FC), W. Ajit Singh (Delhi United FC), Jasbir (Tarun Sangha), Dheeraj (Hindustan FC), Asahu Nathani (Hindustan FC), Rajesh Methai (Goodwill FC), Vijay Kumar (Veterans FC), Inderjeet Singh (Veterans FC); Forwards: Sourav Patra (Ahbab FC), Kamal Rawat (Garhwal Heroes FC), Gaimlung Kamei (Garhwal Heroes FC), Manik (Royal Rangers FC), Mohinder Kumar (Hindustan FC), Obed Kamei (Delhi United FC), Ankit (City Club), Adam (Goodwill FC), Vivek Kumar (IAF, New Delhi).
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?