DSP killing: Call records show accused were not at crime scene
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
Even as the CBI is trying to reconstruct the triple murder in Pratapgarh on March 2, the call detail records of the cellphones of the four accused named in the murder of DSP Ziaul Haque by his wife Parveen Azad rule out their presence at the place of crime that night, according to sources.
In her complaint lodged the day after the murder, Azad had named Gulshan Yadav, Hari Om Srivastava, Rohit Singh and Sanjay Pratap Singh alias Guddu Singh as the killers. She alleged that they had acted at the behest of Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya, who resigned as Food and Civil Supplies minister after he was named in the FIR as a conspirator. Sources said the CDRs, however, show that while Guddu Singh and Rohit Singh were in Lucknow that night, Gulshan Yadav and Hari Om Srivastava were in Kunda town.
Haque, village pradhan Nanhe Lal Yadav and his brother Suresh Yadav were killed in Balipur village.
Interestingly, it was Guddu Singh who first informed Manoj Shukla, station officer of Hathigawan police station, about the murder of the village pradhan. Shukla has reportedly told the CBI that Guddu Singh called him up.