DSP suspended for ‘assaulting’ police commando
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: DD steady but slow
The Punjab Director General of Police suspended a deputy superintendent of police (DSP) for allegedly assaulting a state police commando posted at Punjab Police Headquarters', on Tuesday.
Sources said that DGP S S Saini on Friday filed the suspension orders of Gurdev Singh Sanauri, who was posted as DSP (security) at the police headquarters'. Sanauri had allegedly beaten constable Harpal Chaudhary of 3rd Commando, who was posted on attachment in the provisioning wing on the third floor of the building. The officers reportedly entered into a heated arguments, following which Sanauri allegedly beat up Chaudhary.
Kuwar Vijay Partap, then Deputy Inspector General of Police, Punjab Armed Police, was marked a fact finding inquiry. He has been examining the CCTV footages.
The state police will now send the file regarding his suspension to the state home department for a formal approval, which sources said is a routine affair.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18