DSP suspended for ‘assaulting’ police commando
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
The Punjab Director General of Police suspended a deputy superintendent of police (DSP) for allegedly assaulting a state police commando posted at Punjab Police Headquarters', on Tuesday.
Sources said that DGP S S Saini on Friday filed the suspension orders of Gurdev Singh Sanauri, who was posted as DSP (security) at the police headquarters'. Sanauri had allegedly beaten constable Harpal Chaudhary of 3rd Commando, who was posted on attachment in the provisioning wing on the third floor of the building. The officers reportedly entered into a heated arguments, following which Sanauri allegedly beat up Chaudhary.
Kuwar Vijay Partap, then Deputy Inspector General of Police, Punjab Armed Police, was marked a fact finding inquiry. He has been examining the CCTV footages.
The state police will now send the file regarding his suspension to the state home department for a formal approval, which sources said is a routine affair.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students